Harmless Coconut Water with Coffee
Harmless Coconut Water
Coconut water has slowly become in vogue and for good reason. It comes from Young Thai coconuts which I believe is a gift from nature. It has as many health benefits as is does culinary uses. It is one of the most hydrating drinks because it is one of the highest sources of electrolytes. It’s hard to believe this sweet succulent fruit is good for you but it is.
I’m not much of a coffee drinker however, I love the smell which often lures me in. Unfortunately, most coffee leaves me feeling let’s just say not so good. But when I found this Harmless Coconut Water (my favorite coconut water) with organic fair-trade coffee I had to try it. Now I’m in love!
It not only tastes good…..it’s good for you.
Coconut water is:
- Rich in natural vitamins (especially the B vitamins), minerals, and trace elements (including zinc, selenium, iodine, sulfur, and manganese). Vitamins are necessary for the enzymatic reactions your cells need to function.
- Full of amino acids, organic acids, enzymes, antioxidants, and phytonutrients.
- Rich source of electrolytes and natural salts, especially potassium and magnesium.
- Light, low-calorie and nearly fat-free, as well as low in sugar but pleasantly sweet—contains about a fifth of the sugar of other fruit juices, like apple or grape juice, as well as containing a little fiber to moderate absorption.
- Rich in cytokinins, or plant hormones, which have anti-aging, anti-cancer, and anti-thrombolytic effects in humans.
Coconut water also has an alkalizing effect on your body, which can help correct the cumulative effects of acidifying foods that make up most diets today. For a complete nutritional profile, refer to the tables at the Coconut Research Center site.1 The list of health benefits of coconut water is impressive, and growing by leaps and bounds with each new scientific study.